This episode was recorded on May 27th, 2019!
Kait and Kate join Mike on the show to discuss comic book and manga adaptations of Young-Adult prose books. What’s good? What’s not so good? Why read these adaptations?
- 00:00:00 – Start/Last Week in Comics
- 00:09:26 – Comic Picks
- 00:15:09 – Comic Adaptations, Revisited! YA Edition!
- 00:49:57 – Wrap/Credits
What We Read / Comic Picks
- Wasted Space #9
- Invisible Kingdom #1
- Flying Witch
- Afar #1
- Wasted Space #10
- Stranger Things: Six #1
- Coda #12
- Mike – @mikerapin
- Kait – @KaitLPhere
- “Beautiful Creatures” manga
- “The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare
- “The Sea of Monsters” by Rick Riordan
- “A Wrinkle in Time” by Madeleine L’Engle
- “The Graveyard Book” by Neil Gaiman
- “Coraline” by Neil Gaiman
- “The Scorch Trials: Official Graphic Novel Prelude” by James Dashner
- “Amulet of Samarkand” by Jonathan Stroud
- “Speak” by Laurie Halse Anderson
- “Artemis Fowl” by Eoin Colfer
- “Golden Compass” by Phillip Pullman
Music provided by Infinity Shred. Find them on Bandcamp.
This week’s episode was produced by Mike Rapin and edited by Zander Riggs.
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/ircbpodcast
Spreaker | Player.fm | Pocket Casts | Overcast | RadioPublic