This episode was recorded on May 27th, 2019!
Kait and Kate join Mike on the show to discuss comic book and manga adaptations of Young-Adult prose books. What’s good? What’s not so good? Why read these adaptations?
- 00:00:00 – Start/Last Week in Comics
- 00:09:26 – Comic Picks
- 00:15:09 – Comic Adaptations, Revisited! YA Edition!
- 00:49:57 – Wrap/Credits
What We Read / Comic Picks
- Wasted Space #9
- Invisible Kingdom #1
- Flying Witch
- Afar #1
- Wasted Space #10
- Stranger Things: Six #1
- Coda #12
- Mike – @mikerapin
- Kait – @KaitLPhere
- “Beautiful Creatures” manga
- “The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare
- “The Sea of Monsters” by Rick Riordan
- “A Wrinkle in Time” by Madeleine L’Engle
- “The Graveyard Book” by Neil Gaiman
- “Coraline” by Neil Gaiman
- “The Scorch Trials: Official Graphic Novel Prelude” by James Dashner
- “Amulet of Samarkand” by Jonathan Stroud
- “Speak” by Laurie Halse Anderson
- “Artemis Fowl” by Eoin Colfer
- “Golden Compass” by Phillip Pullman
Music provided by Infinity Shred. Find them on Bandcamp.
Producer: Mike Rapin
Editor: Zander Riggs
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/ircbpodcast
Spreaker | Player.fm | Pocket Casts | Overcast | RadioPublic | Castbox